Thursday, December 1, 2011

I finally own artwork!

There is this wonderful painting hanging in the place where I go to get my facials (shameless plug:  Skin Care by Casey - Casey is the best!).  Every time I see it I just feel so happy and peaceful and serene.  I know that sounds corny, and I'm not normally the artsy, feely type (or the happy, peaceful, serene type either), but it really just has this effect on me.  The painting is of a big tree, with pink and reddish leaves, surround by grass and flowers and blue sky and clouds, and there is a girl with dark hair sitting under the tree, leaning against the trunk, reading a book.  If you know me at all, you know that if there is anything I love more than reading, it is reading while sitting in the grass under a tree.  Over a year has gone by, and every time I see it I have the same feeling, so I decided to finally buy it.  My plan is to take over one of the rooms in our house (the guest room?) and turn it into a reading room/my own personal sanctuary from the world.  Just me and my books and my dog and a big comfy chair to curl up in.  This painting was the inspiration for that idea and will hang on the wall in that room.  Sorry guests - you're out of luck - air mattresses in the living room for you from now on!     

No comments:

Post a Comment