Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My sugar's wearing off


A friend of mine is leaving our place of employment and this Friday is her last day.  In the past, she has made butter mochi and brought it in to share with the office, and it has turned into one of my very favorite things ever.  Yesterday, out of the kindness of her heart, she made me my very own tray of mochi and brought it to me, hugged me, and told me she couldn’t leave without making me some butter mochi.  So what did I do?  Proceeded to eat almost the entire tray in one day.  Not one or two pieces - almost the ENTIRE tray.  In less than eight hours.  BAD, BAD DANDELION.  At least I didn’t eat the chocolate cake that was brought out in the afternoon for someone else’s birthday.  Or the two plates of cookies that were sitting in front of me during a late afternoon meeting.  I was too full of mochi.

Why did I eat almost the entire tray at once?  Because I have no self-control.  Because I love mochi.  Because it is obviously better to just binge for one entire day instead of eating a small amount of something bad every day this week, right?  Right. 

Except I am paying for it today.  My sugar withdrawals are back in full effect.  There are still four pieces of mochi in my refrigerator and it is taking every ounce of self-control I can muster to not eat them.  In addition to the mochi in my fridge, there are two big trays of cookies, two bags of cookies, and a big tub of Jelly Belly jelly beans that have been sitting outside my office all day, which I have had to walk past at least twenty times. 

The day started out well.  I had Fage plain greek yogurt with blueberries and raspberries in it for breakfast.  It was delicious and filling and left me thinking “I can do this, no problem.”  However, not even six hours later, the day has deteriorated to the point that I am now applying copious amounts of vanilla buttercream flavored lip balm and licking it off my lips.  But at least I haven't eaten any cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment