Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ireland 2011

I just returned from my first trip to Ireland.  It was amazing!  I want to describe it in some other, less cliche choice of words, but I can't.  Ireland is everything you probably imagine it is - a country with a heartbreaking but fascinating history; vividly green, rolling hills; fields full of sheep, separated by stone walls that are centuries old; churches that are older than the United States; and cozy pubs, full of friendly people with charming Irish brogues, sipping pints around peat fires.  Everything you've heard about Ireland is true, including the most important stereotype:  Guinness DOES taste better in Ireland!

Following is my account of my visit to the motherland.  I'm writing it in installments because I don't have an attention span long enough to do this all at one time, and I doubt anyone reading this has an attention span long enough to read twelve days worth of my ramblings all at one time either.  I hope you enjoy the details and pictures of my visit, and maybe learn a little bit of Irish history along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment