Saturday, November 26, 2011

Yoga - it's not just for skinny chicks in spandex anymore!

I'm going to my very first yoga class tomorrow.  This makes me nervous.  Well, actually, it scares the shit out of me.  Yoga intimidates me.  Or rather, its followers do.  They're all super-skinny, super-cute college girls with bouncing ponytails and perfectly coordinated, skin tight yoga pants and tank tops that flatter their already slim and trim figures. (You know, all of the things that I am not.)  They eat vegetables and tofu and soy.  (Instead of double cheeseburgers and pizza and beer.)  They are already experts at being all zen-like, and bending effortlessly into poses that I'm pretty sure will kill me if I try them. 

I realize that in reality,  people who practice yoga are probably not all like this.  Hopefully, a lot of them are just like me.  But in case they aren't, I'm dragging my husband along to the first class.  He has selflessly promised to be even worse than I am, so everyone stares at him instead of me.  Now that's love!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my 'altered book' on my blog.
    I used to do altered books differently, but, love the way this one turned out.
    I think its a wonderful way of altering & using the book to display ones treasures.
    Regards Lucy(who is now following your blog!)

    ReplyDelete